Article Form Tags · 8.06.04
The next group of tags involves all tags which can appear inside an article form, determining the article parts that will be shown on our page, in function of the form we’re choosed to use for that article.
- <txp:title />: The title of the article.
- <txp:permlink></txp:permlink>: Permanent link to this article. Place inside the text you want to show inside this link.
- <txp:posted />: The date of the article, formated as specified on the “Date Format” or “Archive Date Format” on the “Admin>Preferences” screen.
- <txp:body />: the body of the article; that is, the article itself.
- <txp:author />: the article author name.
- <txp:category1 />: first category asigned to the article.
- <txp:category2 />: second category asigned to the article.
- <txp:section />: the section asigned to the article.
- <txp:excerpt />: the article excerpt, if any.
- <txp:article_id />: use this tag when you need to output the id of your article, (numeric value, used to univocally identify that article on the TXP Data Base). [Avaliable since γ1.19]
- <txp:article_image />: This tag allow us to show an image asociated with our article. To do this, we need to add the image url to our article putting its URL on the form field called Article image under the Advanced options for the article.
We’ve got 2 options to fill this field: If we add a number, (which must match one of your uploaded image numbers – the file name added by default to the uploaded images is a number, starting at 1 – under the TXP image section), we could use the XHTML attributes style and align with this tag, and the image tag created from this TXP tag will use the alt text you’ve added to the field Alternate text in your image section. We can also add directly an image URL – it doesn’t matter if this image hasn’t been added using TXP – and the <txp:article_image /> will simply output a XHTML image tag with that URL as src attribute. [Avaliable since γ1.19]
- <txp:comments_count />: This tag will output the number of comments added to the current article.. If no comments were added, this tag will output NOTHING. [Avaliable since γ1.19]
- <txp:meta_keywords /> and <txp:meta_author />: These tags are intended to be used on the XHTML page head element, to display XHTML meta tags. In order to use them safely, you should place them inside a conditional <txp:if_individual_article>...</txp:if_individual_article>. [Avaliable since γ1.19]
- <txp:comments_invite />: this tag isn’t a simple invitation for your site users to post comments. It’s much more. If you place this tag in your page template, TXP will do different things in function of several conditions:
- If we’re on an article, where comments are disallowed, this tag will show nothing.
- If comments are allowed for the article:
- on pages with articles lists, this tag will show a link to the comment section on permanent page for the article,
- but on pages with a single article, it can show two different things, in function of the “Disabled after” time for comments has or not expired.
- If expired, it will show a comment listing of all published comments until the expiration date.
- If don’t expired, it will show also the comments editing form.
* * *