- Textpattern All Ground Up: thanks for the kind words, Garret. You’re completely right: Better docs will come one of these days.
- The Textpattern Engine and more docs about Textpattern from Erratic Wisdom.
- Nice Textpattern CSS tip at SonSpring.
- Beautiful sites powered by Textpattern at Textpattern Studio – I specially like Michael Strand.
- Textpattern on the big 3: Blog Software Smackdown.
I’m not agree with Vinnie about trackback is a glaring omission, mostly because I know some blogger who has never used it and he is a very well known blogger1. Indeed, Trackback add-on for Textpattern is on my laptop HD more than one year ago now, waiting for the day it will provide more advantages than problems.
On the other hand, it’s curious to see that the next Textpattern version will seriously improve some of the things that Vinnie’s point to, like new database backends – I’ve just commited SQLite experimental suport using PDO, and PostgreSQL is on the development branch for a while – and improve installer simplicity.
And no, Textpattern doesn’t specifies Apache as a requirement. It works pretty nice over lighty and think that there are people using it over IIS without too many problems.
Rick Ellis of pMachine and Dean Allen of TextPattern are making publishing easier for people. [Josh Satangelo interviewed at futile]
Thinking about …
1 See http://textism.com for the details.
4 December 2005, 17:03
commenting closed for this article